This class introduces students to the elements of writing a play for the stage. Topics include dramatic structure, dramatic action, the relationship between dialogue and action, characterization, setting, theme, and point of view. Students will be assigned writing exercises culminating in a one-act play. Students will be expected to act in and direct other students’ scenes. 54 hours lecture per term.
- (CSU) - Transferable to the campuses of the California State University system
- CSU - Transferable to the campuses of the California State University system
- (Degree Credit) - acceptable to be applied to AA degree.
- Degree Credit - acceptable to be applied to AA degree.
- AA GE - Meets the Fullerton College General Education Requirement for the Associate degree.
Seating Availability:Capacity: 20
Waitlist Availability:Capacity: 5
Materials:No Textbook Used for This Course
Critical Dates:Last day to add class: 09/07/2020
Last day to drop with a refund: 09/07/2020
Last day to drop without a "W": 09/07/2020
Last day to drop with a "W": 11/15/2020