This course provides students with an appreciation for the historical contributions of Native Americans, Chicanos/Latinos, African-Americans, Asian-Americans and gays and lesbians to American theatre. In this introductory class, students read and discuss contemporary plays that represent the rich variety of American multi-ethnic and multi-cultural society. This course will explore traditional and cultural backgrounds from which theatre springs, the genre or movement to which a particular play belongs, and the cultural, sociological and political climate in which these plays were created. This course fulfills the Multicultural Education Requirement for graduation.
- (CSU) - Transferable to the campuses of the California State University system
- CSU - Transferable to the campuses of the California State University system
- (Degree Credit) - acceptable to be applied to AA degree.
- Degree Credit - acceptable to be applied to AA degree.
- MULT CULT REQ - Meets the Multicultural Education Requirement for the Associate degree.
Seating Availability:Capacity: 35
Waitlist Availability:Capacity: 5
Materials:Taking It to the Streets
Critical Dates:Last day to add class: 02/09/2020
Last day to drop with a refund: 02/09/2020
Last day to drop without a "W": 02/09/2020
Last day to drop with a "W": 04/26/2020